Tehama, Eastvale Rank High in Fiscal Health
The California State Auditor has released its annual fiscal health rankings for California’s cities. It examined data for 453 out of 482 governments and divided them into three categories: low risk, moderate risk, and severe risk.
Tehama was ranked as the least financially at-risk city in California. The five cities with the lowest risk are as follows:
- Tehama (100 out of 100 points)
- Eastvale (98.95 out of 100 points)
- Trinidad (98.13 out of 100 points)
- Indian Wells (97.42 out of 100 points)
- La Quinta (97.31 out of 100 points)
The five cities with the highest risk are:
- Compton (0 out of 100 points)
- Blythe (30.27 out of 100 points)
- Calexico (34.61 out of 100 points)
- Atwater (34.97 out of 100 points)
- Richmond (36.21 out of 100 points)
Overall, the number of high risk cities has declined. There were 18 high risk cities based on 2016-17 reviews. Data for 2018-19 puts the number at 9.
See the dashboard here.
Data and list were compiled by the California State Auditor and do not reflect statistics on all California cities.