The ideal candidate will have a strong passion for driving adoption of standardized project methodology, customer service, execution of strategic initiatives and operational enhancements. As an IT Manager, you will be joining a highly service-oriented team of technical professionals and IT Leadership team who are passionate about our customers, community, and technical solutions.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience implementing or establishing a Project Management Office (PMO) or set of project management standards across an organization.
- Experience with PMI-based Project Management, Portfolio Management and Program Management Methodologies; PMP, PgMP and/or PfMP certified a plus.
- Work experience with implementing major, complex systems or business process changes.
- Work experience coaching and mentoring staff and establishing staff performance goals and improvement plans.
- Work with various levels of customers to provide guidance on defining requirements and establishing project scope.
- Experience utilizing Project Portfolio Management (PPM) tools to provide oversight and management of all IT projects across an organization.
- Knowledge and experience with change management and how to help clients and support teams transition from projects to operations.
- Knowledge of LEAN Business Process Re-Engineering, Kaizen or SixSigma principles
- Experience with establishing performance-based metrics and KPIs
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit a City of Sunnyvale employment application and responses to the supplemental questions to the Department of Human Resources no later than 5:00 pm on Wednesday, April 12, 2023, or after receiving 100 qualified and completed applications, whichever is first. Candidates are asked to fully describe any training, education, experience, or skills relevant to this position. Electronic applications may be submitted on-line through the City's employment page at Sunnyvale.ca.gov and click on JOBS. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Applications will be competitively screened based on the minimum qualifications of this position. Based upon a review of the application materials, the most qualified candidates will be invited to participate in the examination process, which may consist of an oral examination scheduled on Monday, April 24 and Tuesday, April 25, 2023. The final selection interview is tentatively scheduled for May 3 and/or May 4, 2023. Note: The examination process may be changed as deemed necessary by the Director of Human Resources.
SALARY: $157,785.00 - $194,910.00
Apply here: Information Technology Manager - Project Management Office Division | Job Details tab | Career Pages (governmentjobs.com)