Planning & Building Department
The Town of Yountville has one (1) position available which will be filled as either an Assistant/Associate Planner or Management Analyst I/II level based on applicant pool & experience.
ABOUT THE COMMUNITY
Nestled in the heart of the Napa Valley among vineyards between the Mayacamas Mountains and the Napa River, the Town of Yountville (pop. 3000), in Northern California Wine Country, is a community that cares about its citizens, businesses and visitors. Yountville offers a variety of well maintained neighborhood parks that include outdoor recreational amenities including bocce ball, volleyball, pickle-ball, tennis, basketball courts, children's play equipment and reservable picnic areas. Yountville is a great place to eat and shop, and it is host to a variety of exciting events throughout the year. You'll also find the Napa Valley Museum and Lincoln Theater. Take a moment to relax on the outdoor patio of one of many great restaurants and watch brightly-colored hot air balloons take flight.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The mission of the Planning and Building Department is to provide professional and equitable administration of the Town of Yountville's codes while fostering creative and diverse design and uses for an exceptional, safe, and livable built environment.
In addition to forward planning, the Department responds to current development applications and the permitting process. Most remodels, additions, and replacement go through a design review process before the Zoning and Design Review Board (ZDRB), the Department manages the architectural design review process. In addition to the Planning division, the Department manages the building permit and inspection process. The Department is responsible for the management of affordable housing development. Code Enforcement is an active part of the planning and building department and typically includes review of short-term rentals and other typical building infractions. The Department includes the Planning and Building Director, Planning Manager, Assistant Planner, and contract Building Inspector and Plans Examiner.
ABOUT THE POSITION Assistant Planner -
This is the entry level class in the Planning series. It is distinguished from the Associate Planner by the performance of the more routine professional tasks and duties. Employees at this level are not expected to perform with the same level of independence of direction and judgment on matters related to established procedures and guidelines as are tasks assigned to the Associate level. Employees may have only limited or no directly related work experience. Employees work under immediate supervision while learning tasks.
Associate Planner -
This is the full journey level position within the Planning series. This class is distinguished from the Assistant Planner by the assignment of the full range of professional duties in the planning field. Employees at this level receive only occasional instruction or assistance as new or unusual situations arise. They are fully aware of the operating procedures and policies within the functional work area.
Both positions are FLSA exempt.
- Perform professional level work in the field of current or advanced planning, including the following:
- Conduct research
- Review development proposals Prepare report and recommendations Make presentations to the Town - Council and Zoning and Design Review Board
- Draft Ordinance amendments Manage special projects and programs like parking management, use permit monitoring, tree removals, residential rental registrations
- Provide counter work and otherwise assist the public
- Support Building Department activities Utilize GIS mapping
- Help to develop and maintain website and online permitting system
- Prepare and administer grant applications
- Gather and maintain demographic data and other statistics
SALARY & BENEFITS
Assistant Planner: $75,720-$92,053
Associate Planner: $96,019-$116,712
In addition to the base salary range, the Town offers additional salary benefits including:
- CalPERS Retirement: 2% @ 55 for CalPERS for classic members, 2% @ 62 for Pepra members.
- Health/Dental: Health 90% of premium paid by Town up to amount of Kaiser Health Plan; 100%Dental paid by Town.
- Deferred Compensation: Up to 7% contribution by Town to match employee contribution. Example: salary of $75,720 could have a contribution of up to $5,300 per year.
Annual Paid Time Off:
- 80 hours or 2 weeks of vacation
- 80 hours, or 2 weeks of administrative leave 96 hours or 12 days of sick leave
- 112 hours, 11 regular and 3 floating days of holidays per year, for a total of 40 days or 320 hours of paid time off per year
Additional Benefits: STD/LTD Life Insurance, Retiree Medical Program, Wellness Program, and Cell Phone Stipend, Technology Stipend
Why Join the Yountville Team?
Are you interested in working in an organization which offers the following?
- Fiscal stability.
- Small-town organization with opportunities to be actively involved in a wide-variety of duties.
- An opportunity to work with elected officials and community board and commissions.
- An opportunity to make a positive impact on the community with what you do! Supports an inclusive & - diverse workforce.
Visit www.townofyountville.com and click on Job Opportunities under What's New. A first review of
applications will be upon receipt. Please submit your completed application, resume, cover letter, and professional references to Julie Baldia, Human Resources, electronically at email@example.com.