The City of Carpinteria is looking to hire a full-time Associate Planner to perform a variety of professional planning duties in support of the Community Development Department. including review of developmental proposals and planning and land use applications for compliance with applicable regulations; and providing development related and planning information and assistance to developers, the business community and the public.
- Minimum four years of work experience in government planning or related field.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in city and/or regional planning, architecture, geography, public administration, business management, landscape architecture, environmental studies or another related field.
- Specialization or advance Graduate degree in planning or related field may replace up to two years of work experience.
- Must be computer literate; Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Publisher, various internet application and other presentation software.
The Associate Planner position hourly salary is $29.78 - $40.94 per hour, depending on experience, plus a robust benefits package including:
* Health insurance through CalPERS of which the city pays the majority of premium
* 100%-paid dental for employees and dependents
* Voluntary vision
* Flexible spending account (FSA)
* CalPERS retirement benefit
* Short-term disability
* Long-term disability
* Transamerica Insurance
* Voluntary supplemental life insurance
* 12 paid legal holidays
* Annual leave bank hours
* 9/80 flexible schedule hours
* $1,209 annual wellness benefit
* $374.40 annual gym membership
* Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
ABOUT THE CITY OF CARPINTERIA
Carpinteria, located on the southern coast of Santa Barbara County and the home of the world's safest beaches, is a coastal community with small-town charm valued by visitors and residents alike. Beautiful beaches, breathtaking mountain views, and a diverse economy make it a wonderful place to live, work, and play! Our hometown values extend to how we do business as a city government with transparency, exceptional customer service, and an open-door policy.
In order to maintain this positive culture, we work to hire and retain the best. We offer competitive compensation, fantastic benefits, and a friendly work environment.
If this sounds like the job opportunity that you've been looking for, apply today!
The first application review date is Monday, August 19, 2019
. This recruitment will remain open until filled and may close without prior notice. Prompt application submission is encouraged.
Apply online at: https://carpinteria.applicantpro.com
An equal opportunity employer