CEO Budget and Finance Analyst
County of Ventura, California
$94,360.24 - $150,952.39 Annually
The County of Ventura’s CEO Office is currently seeking a CEO Budget and Finance Analyst (Management Analyst II/ Program Management Analyst). Working under the direction of the County Chief Financial Officer, monitors and evaluates compliance with Board of Supervisors adopted policies in one or more of the following:
- Public Safety (Sheriff's department, District Attorney, Probation, Public Defender, Fire District, Realignment, etc.)
- Health Care Services (Ambulatory Care, Public Health, Medical Examiner, Hospital and Clinic Environment, and Behavioral Health)
- Debt Financing and Financial Forecasting
- Capital Project Planning
- Financial strategies for resolving fiscal problems
- Complex financial reports analysis
The ideal candidate
The ideal candidate should possess one or more of the following:
- A commitment to being proactive and self-motivated in a dynamic and diverse working environment;
- Strong verbal, written, analytical and communication skills;
- An advanced certificate or license such as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) is highly desirable;
- Master's degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, or other related field;
- Experience working with policy makers and/or senior management;
- Knowledge of public budgeting, debt issuance, financing, governmental accounting, and financial management.
Critical skills include the ability to perform complex financial, budgetary, and administrative problem solving and dispute resolution. The ideal candidate will also possess critical decision-making skills. The position(s) analyzes departmental policies, organizational operations, and procedures for compliance with policy directives; evaluates budgetary requests and recommends program modification; represents the County Executive Office (CEO) on various committees; and performs a variety of related staff work as required.
Final Filing Date: Your application must be received by County of Ventura Human Resources in Ventura, California, no later than 5:00 p.m. on Friday, March 27, 2020.
For further information about this recruitment and to apply online, visit our website at http://www.ventura.org/jobs. For additional inquiries, contact Jessica Ruiz by e-mail at Jessica.Ruiz@ventura.org or by telephone at (805) 654-2419.