CITY OF ROSEVILLE
Salary: $129,001 to $172,874 DOE/DOQ*
*effective January 1, 2021 pending City Council approval
For more information see our full recruitment brochure:
The City of Roseville seeks an experienced and knowledgeable City Clerk to provide oversight, planning, and direction of the operations and services of the City Clerk’s Office. Our next City Clerk will be professional, dedicated, calm under pressure, and will understand the importance of managing highly confidential information. This position will oversee the traditional municipal clerk duties, including City Council meetings processes, records management, provide access to information, administer elections, oversee the City’s boards, commissions, and committees, and ensure regulatory compliance with local, state and federal statutes such as the Political Reform Act, Brown Act, California Public Records Act, and California Government and Elections Codes.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
Our ideal candidate will be an experienced City Clerk who is customer service oriented, responsible, confident, and unflappable. The City Clerk will be comfortable working with the public and elected officials, with ability to be politically savvy without being political, and demonstrates practicality and fairness. Successful candidates will be highly customer service focused and technologically adept with an instinct for continuous improvement and increasing access to services. We are looking for a creative problem solver who knows how to be flexible while also standing their ground as needed.
- Equivalent to a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in public administration, business administration or a related field,
- Six years of increasingly responsible experience performing administrative duties in a City Clerk’s Office, including three years of complex administrative and supervisory responsibilities.
- Possession of certification as a California Municipal Clerk.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, Public Notary designation.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, designation as a United States Department of State, Bureau of Consular Affairs U.S. Passport Acceptance Agent designation.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid California driver’s license.
HOW TO APPLY
For first consideration apply by November 5th by completing an application and submitting your cover letter and resume to: https://wbcpinc.com/job-board
Please contact your recruiter, Sam Sackman, with any questions:
Email to: email@example.com
Save the Dates:
Interview dates are December 1st and 2nd. Candidates selected to interview will need to be available for both days.
The City of Roseville is committed to a diverse workforce. We are engaged in understanding the needs and backgrounds of our colleagues and those we serve. Our organization is unified in this commitment, as we believe this produces the best results for our community.”