Under general direction, performs complex operations analysis work to assist the County Administrative Office in resolving budget, administrative and management issues; coordinates and supervises County department operations, and resolves inter-departmental issues.
Essential Job Functions
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following tasks, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. The list that follows is not intended as a comprehensive list; it is intended to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed, and may be required to perform additional, position-specific tasks.
- Conducts and coordinates research and studies in the review of County administrative and modernization strategies, such as organization structure and planning, administrative and operational policy, workload and efficiency, and financial and statistical trends.
- Collects, compiles and analyzes data and information; develops recommendations; and prepares and presents reports to CAO and Board; directs the preparation of reports which summarize and forecast County activities and financial position based on past, present and expected operations.
- Coordinates the planning and implementation of the annual County budget process; plans and monitors the budget cycle, sets and enforces timelines, and manages the formal approval process.
- Monitors County budget and expenditures; reviews and analyzes annual County budget proposals for compliance with Board's goals; consults with department management, conducts complex analyses, and develops recommendations.
- Analyzes trends, and forecasts revenues, expenditures and workload based on complex internal and external data sources; evaluates program requirements and resource utilization; coordinates program planning and compliance evaluation teams.
- Monitors County operations and recommends change in organization's functions and processes.
- Identifies issues and collateral problems, develops alternative solutions, projects consequences of proposed actions, and presents recommendations in support of objectives.
- Furnishes advice and information to CAO and Board of Supervisors as needed; reviews budget status and all Board agenda items to assure compliance with County goals and policies.
- Analyzes trends and issues; interprets concerns, defines desired results, and creates solutions; resolves concerns and problems of departments; recommends direction of new County strategies.
- Coordinates information and assures effective communications between County departments; clarifies and reconciles issues relating to County funds, budgets and accounting procedures.
- Represents Butte County to external agencies; provides and explains technical and financial information; negotiates and coordinates intergovernmental issues and agreements.
- Confers with department officials, public officials and other professionals to define and develop strategies to achieve program objectives.
- Manages and directs the daily activities of the analyst work group through appropriate delegation, managerial support, and work supervision; assures the quality of the analyst's work products.
- Guides and assists department staff; provides coaching, counseling and assistance on professional responsibilities and technical skills; prioritizes and assigns tasks; develops staff skills and conducts performance evaluations; identifies training needs and provides training for staff.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in Public Administration, Business Administration or a related field.
Five (5) years government operations analysis and computer experience. A Master's degree preferred.
Valid State of California driver's license may be required.
Employees hired into this classification must file statements of economic interest with the Butte County Clerk/Recorder.
Environmental Factors and Conditions/Physical Requirements
Work is performed in an office environment.
View our informational brochure HERE