San Joaquin County is seeking an experienced public works/engineering professional with strong leadership and communication skills to provide direction and oversight of the Development Services and Water Resources Divisions. The ideal candidate will possess proven leadership skills, and exceptional knowledge and experience managing public works engineering projects with successful outcomes.
The incumbent reports to the Director of Public Works and is responsible for managing and administering the programs, functions, budgets and activities of the following Public Works Development Services (Public Services, Community Infrastructure Engineering and County Surveyor Units) and Water Resources Divisions, which account for nearly 35 of the department’s full-time allocated positions. More information about Public Works is available at the department web page
The Ideal Candidate
In addition to being a registered Professional Civil Engineer, the ideal candidate will possess:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or related field.
- Outstanding leadership skills and experience managing diverse public works engineering projects.
- Tremendous personal integrity, sense of professional ethics, and dedication to public service.
- Well-developed organizational and decision-making skills including having a strategic outlook.
- Ability to inspire, motivate and empower staff to achieve established goals.
- A desire to embrace innovation to enhance services provided.
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills and customer service.
- Strong analytical skills, sound judgment, and a positive attitude.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and the ability to synthesize complex information.
For more information about this exciting opportunity, including compensation and benefits package, visit the following link