The City of Manhattan Beach Fire Department is seeking a qualified, innovated, and motivated candidate with a great communication skill for the position of Emergency Preparedness Administrator. If you are mission-driven, dedicated to superior service and support, can diligently work independently and in a collaborative environment, look no further, this position is for you. Join our team!
The Emergency Preparedness Administrator is a non-sworn, at-will, and exempt position. The ideal candidate for the position is a highly engaged and forward-thinking leader with a technical and substantive knowledge of municipal emergency planning and management. To be successful in this position, the candidate, with an exceptional analytical and interpersonal skills, must be able to take charge of an emergency situation and guide others through it with clear, actionable instructions to follow. In addition to strong, effective management and communication skills, the selected candidate must demonstrate a legal and ethical behavior, cultural and environmental awareness.
Under the direction of the Fire Chief, the incumbent oversees and manages the City’s emergency preparedness response and recovery programs; administers and evaluates the City’s emergency preparedness, mitigation, response and recovery programs and plans; coordinates emergency management activities with other departments; and provides highly complex staff assistance to the Fire Chief and City with regard to emergency management, resilience and recovery.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Public Administration or a related field AND three (3) years of responsible experience related to emergency management systems, program development, coordination and/or administration in a public or private agency is required.
- Experience in disaster preparedness is preferred.
APPLICATION & SELECTION PROCESS
To apply, click HERE.
- A valid Class C California driver’s license and acceptable driving record is required.
- Completion of the following courses: ICS 100, 200, 300, and 400 by Emergency Management Institute (EMI) and/or National Incident Management System (NIMS) Incident Command System (ICS) is required.
- Completion of ICS 700, 800, and EOC Management and Operations G775 are highly desirable.
- In case of an emergency or disaster, must be available to work extended hours and shifts, and be available for call-back status.
Interviews will be held continuously until the position is filled. Applicants are encouraged to apply early. This position may close at any time without notice.
All applicants will be screened in relation to the criteria outlined in this job announcement. Candidates will be reviewed and only those candidates determined to be most qualified on the basis of experience, training and education, as submitted, will be invited to participate further in the selection process. Meeting the minimum requirements listed in this job announcement does not guarantee advancement in subsequent phases of the selection process. The selection process may be changed as deemed necessary by the City Human Resources Department.
The selection process will consist of the following component and weight: Oral Interview (100%)
If you need special assistance in the recruitment process please contact the Human Resources Department at (310) 802-5258.