The Moreno Valley City Council has appointed one of its former members to the District 1 seat, which was left vacant after the death of Mayor Pro Tem Victoria Baca earlier this month.
For the full classification specification please click here.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The Auditor-Controller’s Office is seeking forward-thinking and creative candidates who are also exceptional people of high moral regard and possess the following attributes:
1. Possession of a valid certificate as a Certified Public Accountant; AND one year of professional experience as an accountant, auditor, or computer programmer analyst that included participation in the design of financial accounting systems; OR,
2. Possession of a bachelor's degree in accounting, business administration, computer science, or a related field, AND two years of professional experience as an accountant, auditor, or computer programmer analyst that included participation in the design of financial accounting systems; OR,
3. A combination of training, education, and experience that is equivalent to one of the employment standards listed above and that provides the required knowledge and abilities.
1. Employment Standards Review: All resumes and supplemental questionnaires will be reviewed to determine which applicants meet the employment standards.
2. Resume Ranking: Candidates that meet the employment standards will have their resumes evaluated and scored. Candidates' final score and rank on the eligibility list will be determined by the information provided on their attached resume that demonstrates the skillset outlined in the ideal candidate section. This process may be eliminated if there are fewer than eleven qualified candidates.
Candidates must receive a percentage score of at least 70 on the Resume Ranking
Assessment to be placed on an employment list. An adjustment may be made to raw scores based on factors listed in Civil Service Rule VI. Those candidates who are successful in the selection process will have their names placed on the employment list for a minimum of three months. At the time the employment list is established, all candidates will receive an email notice of their score on the exam(s), rank on the employment list, and exact duration of the employment list.
Top candidates placed on an employment list may be invited to interview and might undergo a background and reference check as part of the selection process. Other requirements/requests may be needed for final candidates selected (e.g., review of driving record, Medical Examination, etc.).
Conditional Job Offer: Once a conditional offer of employment has been made, candidate will be required to successfully complete a background check, which includes a conviction history check, and satisfactory reference checks. Appointee will be subject to a post-offer medical evaluation or examination. The appointee must satisfactorily complete a one-year probationary period.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS: The County of Santa Barbara is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants. Qualified individuals with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation during the application or selection process should contact the recruiter listed on the job posting. We require verification of needed accommodation from a professional source, such as a Medical Provider or a learning institution. Recruiters will correspond with applicants by e-mail during each step in the recruitment process. Applicants are reminded to check spam filters continuously during the Recruitment & Selection Process steps listed above to ensure they do not miss required deadlines.
County of Santa Barbara offers generous benefits, please click here or the Benefits Tab for more information on County benefits. Furthermore, applicants from other public sector employers may qualify for:
• Retirement reciprocity
• Time and service credit towards an advanced vacation accrual rate
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Continuous, open until filled. First application review is on June 28, 2021 at 4:59 PM PST; postmarks not accepted. Applications and job bulletins can be obtained 24 hours a day at www.sbcountyjobs.com.
CLICK HERE to apply!
Questions? Contact Collin Graham, Senior Employment Analyst, firstname.lastname@example.org
A three-judge panel for the U.S. 9th Circuit Court of Appeals has overturned a ruling by U.S. District Judge David O.
Visalia City Manager Randy Groom will be retiring in September after nearly 40 years in the public sector.