$79,394 - $103,591 (plus excellent benefits)
Full-time Permanent Position
(subject to probation)
Friday, April 7, 2023 at 4:00 p.m.
Under direct and general supervision, performs a variety of complex budget and fiscal analyses to ensure compliance and proper management of grant funds to maximize financial resources. Conducts and coordinates highly responsible financial and accounting work, including development, maintenance, and analysis of grants to the City. Prepares written grant reports, funding agreements and amendments, and staff reports. Collaborates with multiple City Departments to complete required grant reporting. Assists in the evaluation of financial transactions. Performs technical, confidential, and accounting support work related to the preparation and reconciliation of financial records. Supports the needs of the Administrative Services Department and performs related work as required.
Minimum Qualifications Required
- Has strong knowledge of the principles, practices, laws, and techniques of public administration with a specialty in grant administration and management.
- Will have proven experience coordinating federal, state, and local grant program accounting and administration.
- Must be able to produce accurate financial, accounting, and statistical reports for different City stakeholders including City Council, City staff, grant administrators and auditors.
- Able to perform accounting work for cash control, accounts payable and receivable, and payroll for City grants or as needed.
- Able to manage multiple deadlines and work collaboratively with others.
- Must be an effective communicator with strong writing skills.
- Must be able to work successfully independently and in a team environment, exercises good judgment, flexibility, and sensitivity in response to changing situations and needs.
- Possess skills and experience in Microsoft Office programs, computerized accounting systems and other computer software and systems related to finance and accounting processes.
Equivalent to graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major coursework in accounting, finance, business or public administration, or a related field and five (5) years of experience in municipal government, preferably with a municipal finance and/or grants management environment. Possession of a Master’s degree in a field outlined above or a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) certification is highly desirable. Must possess and maintain a valid California class C driver license and have a satisfactory driving record.
Applicants must submit a completed online City Employment Application and Resume by the filing deadline for candidate consideration. Applications will not be accepted after the filing deadline. Resumes are not accepted in lieu of a City Application. Visit MalibuCity.org/jobs
for more information about this position, benefits, and to apply online. EOE/ADA