Under general direction, the HR Assistant/HR Analyst/Senior HR Analyst provides generalist or specialist personnel services specifically for the Fire Protection District of Ventura County.
The current vacancy is a Temporary Regular position. Temporary Regular positions are eligible for the same benefits and compensation as Regular employees.
The ideal candidate will have experience in both program management and the interactive process; knowledge of disability accommodation management guidelines and workers' compensation; and public speaking experience necessary for delivering presentations. This person must be able to demonstrate compassion and discretion while working with sensitive employee disability issues, the ability to maintain confidentiality, and will be able to work independently.
The ideal candidate will possess some of the following:
- Experience with disability management to include conducting interactive process meetings and return-to-work activities
- Experience supervising staff, creating procedural guidelines/manuals, analyzing data, and writing reports
- A degree in Human Resources, Public Administration, Business Administration, or Industrial/Organizational Psychology
- Experience with Employee/Labor Relations functions such as conducting investigations and acting in an advisory capacity
The successful candidate will have strong written and oral communication skills and an ability to work with a wide variety of customers. He or she will have the ability to adapt to an ever-changing environment while maintaining outstanding customer service.
Personnel Assistant-NE, Personnel Analyst I/II/III
APPROXIMATE ANNUAL SALARIES:
Personnel Assistant-NE: $55,742.88 - $78,047.68
Personnel Analyst I: $66,646.41 - $93,314.13
Personnel Analyst II: $76,412.29 - $106,987.69
Personnel Analyst III: $94,399.42 - $132,172.15
Some positions may be eligible for educational incentive. This incentive may be 2.5%, 3.5%, or 5% for eligible positions based on completion of an Associate's, Bachelor's, or Master's degree that is not required for the classification.
Incumbent may also be eligible for bilingual incentive pay depending upon operational needs and certification skills.
The eligible list established from this recruitment may be used to fill current and future Regular (Including Temporary and Fixed-term), Intermittent, and Extra Help vacancies for this or related positions only. There is currently one (1) Regular Temporary vacancy in the County Executive Office/Human Resources Division, which is allocated at the Personnel Analyst III level. The vacancy may be filled at either the Personnel Assistant-NE, Personnel Analyst I, II or Personnel Analyst III level. The qualifications of the selected candidate(s) will determine the placement level.
NOTE: If appointed at the lower level, incumbent may be promoted to the higher level without further examination upon meeting the minimum requirements, demonstrating satisfactory performance, and in accordance with the business needs of the department.
OPENING DATE: May 22, 2020
CLOSING DATE: Continuous
FIRST REVIEW OF APPLICATIONS: June 5, 2020
EDUCATION, TRAINING, and EXPERIENCE
Some to considerable experience in Workers' Compensation, Leave of Absence, Disability Management, and/or conducting Interactive Processes which has led to the acquisition of the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
An example of qualifying experience:
Personnel Assistant, Personnel Analyst I – Six (6) months to one (1) year of experience; OR
Personnel Analyst II and III - from two (2) to three (3) years of experience with some lead or supervision experience.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENT
- Must possess and maintain a valid California driver license.
- Excellent written communication skills must be demonstrated in the completion of the employment application and supplemental questionnaire.
- Must demonstrate a commitment in consistently providing exceptional customer service.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Public or Business Administration.
- HR certification from IPMA or SHRM or completion of a college HR certificate program.
- HR experience in a public sector merit or civil service system.
- Experience with leave of absence/disability management/risk management tracking software such as PRESEGIA or similar software
- Experience working with public safety organizations.
- Experience creating procedural guidelines/manuals.
- Experience using queries, analyzing data, and writing reports.
- Experience supervising staff.
Supplemental Information: Work is performed primarily in an office environment, but incumbents may be required to travel to various County facilities to recruit, test, train, audit, or consult with others within and external to the organization.
FINAL FILING DATE:
This is a continuous recruitment and may close at any time; therefore, apply as soon as possible if you are interested in it. Your application must be received by County of Ventura Human Resources in Ventura, California, no later than 5:00 p.m. on the closing date.
To apply on-line, please refer to our web site at www.ventura.org/jobs, or click this link to be directed to the job posting: HR Assistant/HR Analyst/Sr. HR Analyst - Fire Protection District
For further information about this recruitment, please contact Jessica Ruiz by e-mail at Jessica.Ruiz@ventura.org or by telephone at (805) 654-2419.