Fremont is a well-managed and innovative city, and has recently generated national attention by placing 7th on the list of the Greenest Cities in America according to a 2018 Wallet Hub survey and ranking 3rd Best City in the Nation to raise a family, according to another 2018 survey by Wallet Hub. Located in the heart of the Bay Area and Silicon Valley, Fremont prides itself on innovation, green technology, a low crime rate, great schools, a low unemployment rate, quality parks and nearby open space, and an incredibly diverse population of over 235,000 residents. As a full service City, Fremont employs over 952 regular employees and has a General Fund budget of $219.9 million.
Fremont is an employer that values its people, creativity, quality service, integrity, open communication, collaboration, mutual respect, and diversity. Employees find their work challenging, yet rewarding, and most importantly, enjoy the chance to make a difference through public service.
Human Resources is Looking for someone who is:
- Energized with a Can-Do attitude.
- Technology focused.
- Skilled in the fields of Recruitment and Examination.
- Skilled in establishing effective recruiting leads.
- Able to engage candidates through relevant social media platforms.
- Skilled in written communication and in making effective oral presentations.
- A creative problem solver.
- Able to build strong working relationships with diverse labor groups.
- Energized by a fast paced working environment with competing projects and deadlines.
- Proficient in working with managers across the City to provide counsel and assistance regarding examination and compensation issues including developing creative recruiting plans for hard to fill positions, and resolving claims of working out of class.
The position may be filled at either the Analyst I or II level depending on the candidates’ qualifications and experience.
What you will do all day:
- Identify and implement industry best practices for hard to fill positions such as Firefighter, IT Professionals and Building Maintenance workers.
- Use social media to attract candidates and increase applicant pools.
- Implement best recruiting practices to reduce the full recruitment cycle.
Tools used in Human Resources:
- Oracle - People Soft
- Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Microsoft Outlook
- Neogov-Applicant Tracking
A few reasons you might love this job:
- You will have a direct impact on the community we serve.
- You will directly contribute to the success of the Human Resources team.
- You will be challenged at work every day.
- The work environment is amazing. You will work with people who are highly trained, energetic and driven.
- The state of the City of Fremont is strong. We enjoy a collaborative working relationship with all nine bargaining units and a balanced fiscal year budget.
- You will be recognized for the work you complete.
- You will have daily interactions with your customers.
A few challenges you might face in this job:
- You will work on multiple assignments at once with competing deadlines.
- Project outcomes will be defined but methods will sometimes be self-determined.
- You will be required to periodically work after 5:00 p.m. or on weekends in support of a recruitment or examination.
The ideal Candidate for this job will typically have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Public Administration, or a closely related field.
- Two or more years of related experience performing work at the Analyst level.
- A valid California Driver’s License.
- A Human Resources certificate from SHRM, IPMA or Calpelra is highly desirable.
- Working knowledge of Oracle-People Soft, Neogov and Microsoft Office programs.
Compensation and Benefits:
The annual salary is $74,680.58 - $123,266.70. Salary assignment will be based on qualifications.
Current benefit features include:
CalPERS Retirement Benefit*
- Classic Employees* - 2.0% @ 60 benefit, 3 year final average compensation.
- New Employees *- 2.0% @ 62 benefit, 3 year final average compensation.
- Required PERS contributions vary by plan. All required contributions are tax deferred.
- Cafeteria Benefits Plan for employees/dependents includes $2,230.13 monthly to purchase medical, dental and vision plans. Child care and medical expenses can be paid for with pre-tax dollars.
- City paid, 2% 401(a) Contribution.
- A generous leave plan including Management Leave.
A complete benefits summary can be found at www.fremont.gov
How do I apply:
To view the complete announcement and application instructions, visit www.fremont.gov/cityjobs.