The HR/Risk Mnager will perform professional work in the analysis, investigation and research of administrative policies and functions; organize and direct human resources operations, including benefits administration, labor negotiations, training, recruitment, employee relations and risk management functions. The individual will serve as a member of the City's management team.
* Four years of human resources experience, including municipal government experience in Human Resources, Public Administration.
* College degree with a major in Business Administration, Human Resources, Public Administration or related field, supplemented by course or training in employment law.
* Possession of, or ability to obtain, a CA driver's license.
* Good writing and oral communication skills.
* Must be computer literate. Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
Annual salary is $78,997.09 - $108,730.39, depending on experience, plus robust benefits package including:
* Health insurance through CalPERS of which the city pays the majority of premium
* 100%-paid dental for employees and dependents
* Voluntary vision
* Flexible spending account (FSA)
* CalPERS retirement benefit
* Short-term disability
* Long-term disability
* Transamerica Insurance
* Voluntary supplemental life insurance
* 12 paid legal holidays
* Annual leave bank hours
* 9/80 flexible schedule hours
* $1,209 annual wellness benefit
* $374.40 annual gym membership
* Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
If this sounds like the management opportunity that you've been looking for, apply today!
ABOUT THE CITY OF CARPINTERIA
Carpinteria, located on the southern coast of Santa Barbara County and the home of the world's safest beaches, is a coastal community with small-town charm valued by visitors and residents alike. Beautiful beaches, breathtaking mountain views, and a diverse economy make it a wonderful place to live, work, and play! Our hometown values extend to how we do business as a city government with transparency, exceptional customer service, and an open-door policy.
In order to maintain this positive culture, we work to hire and retain the best. We offer competitive compensation, fantastic benefits, and a friendly work environment.
The first application review date is Monday, August 19, 2019. This recruitment will remain open until filled and may close without prior notice. Prompt application submission is encouraged.
Apply online at: https://carpinteria.applicantpro.com
An equal opportunity employer