The General Manager implements policies at the direction of the Board of Directors and advises the Board on efficient delivery of services and best practices to achieve an effective organization. This includes oversight of major projects and working to explore methods to improve accountability, fiscal stability, cost effectiveness, and professional standards. Currently, this position is part-time (25-30 hours per week). A background working with public safety departments and related unions is helpful, as is knowledge of community services and contract development and negotiations. There are currently nine employees.
Immediate priorities include:
- Prepare organization and operations to move to a new long-term temporary facility that has already been identified, including management of tenant improvement design and negotiate transition with another special district and the property owner.
Amend current franchise agreement with Bay View Refuse to allow for food waste collection; and Start negotiations of a new Franchise Waste Management Agreement to continue including food waste collection. The current agreement expires in 2023.
- Manage inspections, recommendations for renovations and physical improvements to the District’s Annex Building. Use to be determined.
- Start negotiations of a new agreement with the Kensington Community Council (KCC) - provider of recreational programming in Kensington Park and to the Kensington community.
Identify a new parks and recreation project for the District’s approved SB 68 Grant and submit the project description to the State before December 31, 2021.
- Hire two new positions - one in the police department and one in administration.
- Manage the implementation of the recently approved budget, including many one-time deferred maintenance-related projects and purchases that are currently underway.
Bachelor’s degree; Master’s degree is desirable.
Ten (10) years of progressively responsible experience in municipal government.
Working knowledge of Special Districts is a plus.
Five (5) years of management and supervisory experience.
Strong financial management skills.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The hourly rate DOE. There are no benefits associated with this position. It may be possible to work remotely
APPLICATION AND SELECTION PROCESS
The final filing date is Tuesday, August 3 by 4:00 pm. Start date would be Monday, August 16.
To be considered, please submit a resume, cover letter, and three work related references.