IT Manager – Data Services
Department of Information Technology
County of Solano, California
Annual Salary: $123,718 - $150,381 DOE/DOQ
Solano County is well recognized for quality of life and affordable California living, fostering a great place to work, live and play. The County of Solano is seeking an IT Manager to manage the Data Services Group and its programs, staff, and budget, as well as lead IT services in the Department of Health and Social Services (H&SS). This position works within the centralized Department of Information Technology (DoIT), reports to the Chief Technology Officer, supports all 18 countywide departments and their data service needs, but leads information technology support for the largest department in the County, H&SS. H&SS includes public health, social, and behavioral health services, who have an abundance of data service needs that must comply to complex laws, mandates and regulations regarding how data is managed. Our ideal candidate will be a subject matter expert in data engineering and be an adept project manager, with an eye on the future to build a stable IT environment that allows for growth, scale, and change. The ideal candidate will have a background delivering information technology services in a health and human services and/or health care services environment (County, State, University, Clinic, Hospital); preferably in a California public sector organization. Join Solano County today to be a part of an organization and a mission that supports and improves the lives of those in our community.
The IT Manager is an at-will, management position that reports to the Chief Technology Officer (CTO) for the County of Solano that oversees the staff, budgets, and activities of the Data Services Group, and serves as the lead IT support manager for the largest department in the County: H&SS. H&SS includes public health, social, and behavioral health services, and has over 500 computer systems, a 100 plus person call center, and over 30 programs that support these complex services, reporting, and data management systems. This position will support the state and federally mandated CalWIN program, and work on teams and committees to transition to CalSAWS, and manage proprietary programs and systems, that upload, download and extract data.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The Ideal Candidate will display outstanding business acumen, communication, political savvy, and customer service skills, while possessing a strong understanding of ITIL principles and practices, and data governance. We are looking for an independent self-starter, with an outstanding ability to balance competing priorities and use sound decision making and judgement skills. The ideal candidate will be solutions oriented, a quick study and work effectively in a fast-paced environment. Additionally, the ideal candidate will have a background delivering information technology services in a health and human services and/or health care services environment (County, State, University, Clinic, Hospital); preferably in a California public sector organization.
Education and Experience – the IT Manager will also have:
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university, preferably in Information Technology, Management Information Systems, Networking or a closely related field; and
- Five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in systems development and analyses functions for information technology/data systems.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid class C California driver’s license may be required.
- Background delivering information technology services in health and human services and/or health care services environment; preferably in a California public sector organization.
- Have experience with a wide variety of computer infrastructure, networking, storage, backups, telephony, reporting and mainstream software applications, and experience and/or basic knowledge as a generalist in:
- Cisco servers
- Microsoft environment
- Storage and virtual environments
- Data engineering and document imaging.
- Project Management experience, or certificate.
- Demonstrated knowledge of current and emerging technologies.
- Local government experience/knowledge.
The salary range for this position is Annual Salary: $123,718 - $150,381 DOE/DOQ.
HOW TO APPLY: for first consideration APPLY by May 25, 2020 at:
SECURE THE DATES:
Interviews will be held on June 18th and June 19th (candidates invited to interview will need to be available for both days)
Please contact your recruiter, Wendi Brown, with any questions:
- 866-929-WBCP (9227) toll free
- 541-664-0376 (direct)