MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER
Job Class: Full-Time, Non-Exempt, 40 hours per week
Native Preference in hiring is given to qualified enrolled members of Paskenta Band of Nomlaki Indians and Native Americans in accordance with the Indian Preference Act (Title 25, US Code, Section 472 and 473). Applicants claiming Indian Preference must submit verification of Indian certified by tribe of affiliation or other acceptable documentation of Indian heritage.
Under the direction of the Chief Executive Officer, the Marketing Communications Manager will own the ongoing development and execution of various communication strategies for the Paskenta Band of Nomlaki Indians Tribal government; oversees the comprehensive communications program for both internal and external audiences, which includes elements of community relations, media relations, website development and maintenance, publications, school/business partnerships and community education. The communication channels we employ include: marketing automation, web, social media, video, collateral (catalogs, brochures, datasheets, articles, white papers, and case studies), print and digital media, trade shows and events.
This role is instrumental in developing, implementing, and maximizing the Tribe’s social strategy, producing creative content, and building online communities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plans and manages comprehensive media information processes related to the Tribe’s public relations, public information, communications and community relations efforts, including but not limited to press releases, newsletters, website content, social media content, reports and other materials to enhance the understanding, awareness, and support of the Tribe’s operations and programs.
- Evaluates communication priorities and coordinates communications functions from leadership and Tribal Council to draft a comprehensive plan for internal and external communications, including a set of core activities, procedures and products designed to work together to achieve the job goal.
- Prepares, coordinates, and releases information to the media in a positive, meaningful, newsworthy manner, which effectively communicates Tribal news.
- Develops a series of standardized tools to be used to implement the communications plan, including information sheets, press kits, media tip sheets, internal briefing forms and procedures, Public Service Announcement (PSA) materials, contact lists, backgrounders, Internet content, etc.
- Responsible for the management of content, quality, design and style of the Tribe’s website.
- Takes and transcribes dictation or uses dictation equipment for a wide variety of subjects, including information of a confidential and sensitive nature.
- Establishes and maintains a variety of record keeping, reference, and data collection systems.
- Proofread thoroughly with a high degree of accuracy.
- Prioritize and coordinate workflow and timeliness.
- Work independently without supervision and exercise sound judgment and problem-solving skills related to specific areas of responsibility.
- Work successfully with diverse groups of people.
- Conduct research and use statistics effectively.
- Plan, edit and produce publications.
- Plan, coordinate and document projects.
- Plan and carry out special events.
- Present and maintain a pleasant appearance and demeanor.
- Handle all matters in a tactful, courteous, and confidential manner to maintain and/or establish good public relations.
- Demonstrate a high level of successful customer service with public.
- Work non-traditional and/or extended hours, including evening and weekend meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, Mass Communications, Marketing, Web Design, Media Arts or a closely related field.
- A minimum 4-6 years of experience in a marketing communications department and/or agency with proven project management responsibilities.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the pros and cons of various integrated marketing vehicles including SEO/SEM, web marketing, video, social, email marketing, PR, tradeshows, and advertising (digital/print).
- Strong experience within applications, including but not limited to, HTML/CSS, Adobe CS (Photoshop, Illustrator), Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Salesforce, Google Analytics; marketing automation experience a plus.
- Excellent event management skills.
- Project management experience with proven instances of balancing multiple projects and a high workload.
- Superior organizational and writing skills, in both verbal and written forums, with strong editing and proofing skills.
- Ability to rapidly absorb detailed product information and translate it into lay terms.
This position requires outdoor activities including walking on difficult terrain in various weather conditions like sun, rain and wind. Additionally, the position requires prolonged sitting, standing, walking, reaching, twisting, turning, kneeling, bending, squatting, and stooping in the performance of daily activities. The position also requires grasping, repetitive hand movement and fine coordination in preparing reports using a computer keyboard.