The City of Manhattan Beach is seeking an energetic, enthusiastic, and knowledgeable Plan Check Engineer with a great customer service skill to join the Community Development Department to conduct residential and commercial plan checks.
Under direction, the Plan Check Engineer supervises and checks building plans for residential, commercial, and other structures to ensure compliance with building, mechanical, electrical and plumbing codes, local ordinances, and State and Federal laws; conducts field inspections; and does related work as required.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in civil or architectural engineering AND a minimum of two (2) years of building/structure plan check experience.
- Municipal building/structure plan check experience is highly desirable.
APPLICATION & SELECTION PROCESS
Applications will be accepted on a continuous basis until a sufficient number of qualified applications have been received. First review of applications is on Wednesday, August 24, 2022. Applicants that apply after the first review are not guaranteed to be considered for this recruitment. This recruitment may close at any time without notice after the first review date.
- Must possess a valid California driver's license at time of employment.
- International Conference of Building Officials Certification or other recognized Plan Examiner Certification is desirable.
- State of California registration as a Professional Civil Engineer or licensed Architect with the California Architects Board is highly desirable.
All applicants will be screened in relation to the criteria outlined in this job announcement. Candidates will be reviewed and only those candidates determined to be most qualified on the basis of experience, training and education, as submitted, will be invited to participate further in the selection process. Meeting the minimum requirements listed in this job announcement does not guarantee advancement in subsequent phases of the selection process. The selection process may be changed as deemed necessary by the City Human Resources Department.
The selection process will consist of the following component and weight: Oral Interview (100%)
If you need special assistance in the recruitment process please contact the Human Resources Department at (310) 802-5258.