The Portfolio Manager will provide management, direction, and leadership to direct reports and ensure that the property is maintained and operated with the SHRA objectives and HUD regulatory requirements.
- Preparing and monitoring annual documentation and requests to HUD for contract renewals and rent increases, including utility allowance analyses; capital needs and replacement reserve analyses; HUD budget forms and required tenant notifications.
- Reviewing property budgets, income statements, and variance reports, as well as, leases/rent roll analyses and other applicable information for portfolio and asset management review.
- Manage reporting and compliance related to HUD regulation with regards to subsidized housing occupancy, management, re-certification, EIV, MOR, and REAC inspections.
- Management of annual budgets and capital plans for portfolio. Oversee the maintenance of SHRA facilities.
- Oversee process improvements and analyses with other team members
- Participate in contract renewals and other procurement related practices
- Represent the Public Housing department at meetings, on internal/ external boards, and governing bodies.
At least 5 years related experience in property management or related environment.
A minimum of 2 year of experience supervising staff in a housing environment.
Previous experience with the US Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) programs preferred.
Experience working within HUD, Section 8, low income housing tax credits and other affordable housing requirements.
Working knowledge of Fair Housing Laws ensuring that policies and actions are administered in compliance with Federal, State and Local laws
Thorough understanding through experience, education, and certification of all HUD regulations with regards to subsidized housing occupancy, management, recertification, EIV, and MOR and REAC Inspections
Ability to communicate clearly in both oral and written forms with a diverse population.
Must have valid driver’s license and meet auto insurance requirements.
BA in Business, Finance, Accounting, or related subject
Licenses and Certificates:
Must possess and maintain an applicable California Driver License and a driving record acceptable to the Agency’s insurance carrier.
A valid Broker’s License or proof of progress towards Broker's License may be required.
Certified Property Manager (CPM) preferred.
Strong knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
Organizational and planning skills; creativity and problem solving skills
The Mission of the Agency and an understanding of the population it serves.
Principles and practices of good customer service and supportive listening.
Build relationships and communicate effectively with residents, staff, public officials, service providers, and other stakeholders.
Ability to manage time and set priorities amid multiple tasks and deadlines.
Manage complex projects and coordinate multiple tasks.
Independently analyze situations and take appropriate action within established guidelines.
Maintain confidentiality and discretion.
Analyze, interpret data, and prepare reports.
Comprehend and interpret complex rules, regulations, and laws
Establish and maintain effective working relationships with the community