Management Partners is seeking talented project managers to oversee projects ranging from specific operational reviews (e.g., community development, public works, parks and recreation, administrative services), to organizational assessments of large and small governmental departments; innovative governmental reorganizations and special projects; and top to bottom fiscal and budget troubleshooting.
Each project requires careful data collection, analysis, conclusions based on the information gathered, recommendations, discussion with the clients, and preparation of a report. Management Partners applies a team approach to all we do, and we get to the finish line with each of our projects with a commitment to quality and usefulness for the client. The outcome of the work that we do is the satisfaction that we’ve helped our colleagues in local government become better in some way and improved public service.
Our mission is to help local government leaders and managers. If you like leading a high-performing team of smart, engaged, committed people to provide expert analysis and practical, implementable recommendations to operate more efficiently and effectively, we are looking for you!
This job is an opportunity to have great flexibility in your schedule, work with an “A” team, enjoy rewarding collaboration with fellow professionals, and make real contributions to the improvement of local governments (cities, counties and special districts).
A successful Project Manager on our team is someone who…
• …is inquisitive with genuine curiosity and can think about things in new ways
• …has strong analytical skills,
• …is detail oriented while focusing on the big picture
• …is highly organized and keeps projects on track, from developing the work plan to managing it each step of the way to conclusion
• …can get to the simplicity on the other side of complexity
• …enjoys communicating with others and does so regularly
• …builds relationships and maintains a positive outlook
• …can manage production of deliverables to ensure high quality products on time to our clients
A successful Project Manager also has…
• …solid understanding of local government operations
• …proven ability to lead teams in carrying out complex projects
• …excellent writing skills
• …strong computer skills (e.g., Word, PowerPoint, internet navigation, with desired experience with SharePoint or similar online document management platforms)
• …willingness to travel, at a manageable pace, to meet with clients and team members
• …minimum of bachelor of arts, with relevant master’s degree preferred
• …experience in multiple jurisdictions is a plus
Compensation is competitive and DOQ.
Management Partners works with cities, counties and special districts across the U.S. to help them operate more efficiently and effectively. We have performed more than 1,700 projects in 42 states. Our project managers are responsible for completing projects successfully, including ensuring that all of the work by team members and the production of final deliverables meet our high standards for clear writing, rigorous analysis and succinct, actionable recommendations.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to:
Attn: Nancy Hetrick
Please contact Nancy Hetrick at 408-437-5400 with any questions.
Position is open until filled.