The City of Ventura’s Parks and Recreation Department has an immediate vacancy for a full-time Recreation Coordinator. This is an exciting time to join the City of Ventura and start a rewarding career with the Parks and Recreation Team!
This Recreation Coordinator will be assigned to the Westpark Community Center but may support other areas when needed. This position coordinates and oversees Westpark Community Center operations; organizes and implements grant-funded youth afterschool programs and camps; develops, organizes, and implements community classes and services including food distribution; coordinates facility rentals; recruits, trains, schedules, and supervises support staff and volunteers; manages independent contract instructor-led programs; collaborates with community stakeholders and program partners.
We are looking for a candidate who:
- has demonstrated proficiency using office technology and can adapt successfully to new technology changes in the workplace
- is highly organized and can manage multiple projects at a time
- is skilled at working with constituents and employees from diverse backgrounds
- possesses a passion to give back to the community and bring forward innovative ideas to the City team
- has a "can-do" attitude with great customer service skills
If you are interested in working in a dedicated and supportive team environment, apply today!
The City offers a total compensation package that includes both a generous salary plus excellent benefit! Salary: $28.92 - $35.16 Hourly DOQ.
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete an online City Job Application and supplemental questionnaire now! The filing deadline is Thursday, August 25, 2022, at 5:30 p.m. Applicants will be reviewed on a continuous basis.
Go to www.cityofventura.ca.gov/jobs and Apply! EEO/ADA