The City of Chico, California, is hiring for the position of Senior Development Engineer.
Under supervision, to perform law enforcement and crime prevention work; to control traffic flow and enforce State and local traffic regulations; to perform investigative work; to perform related work as required.
Management reserves the right to add, modify, change, or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations where appropriate so qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job.
Qualified candidates will possess the following Knowledge and Abilities:
- Plans, organizes, assigns, supervises, and reviews the work of staff, consultants, and interns performing professional engineering work in the plan review, design, and construction of street, storm drain, sewer line, drainage, and transportation facilities; trains staff in work procedures; evaluates employee performance, counsels employees, and effectively recommends initial disciplinary action; assists in selection and promotion.
- Participates in the development of goals, objectives, policies, and procedures for assigned services and programs; recommends and implements policies and procedures including standard operating procedures for assigned operations.
- Monitors activities of the Engineering work unit; identifies opportunities for improving service delivery and procedures; provides recommendations concerning process changes; reviews with appropriate management staff; implements improvements.
- Coordinates assigned services and operations with other divisions and outside agencies.
- Participates in annual budget preparation; identifies resource needs; prepares detailed cost estimates with appropriate justifications; monitors expenditures.
- Provides staff assistance to management; prepares and presents staff reports and other written materials; supervises the establishment and maintenance of reports, records, and files; ensures the proper documentation of operations and activities.
- Answers questions and provides information to the public; investigates and responds to complaints and inquiries from citizens, other departments, and outside agencies; recommends corrective actions to resolve issues.
- Analyzes engineering plan design, specifications, consultant, and staff comments in accordance with design requirements and municipal and intergovernmental standards and regulations; recommends approval or additional engineering conditions and changes.
- Performs engineering calculations for stormwater, water, sewer, pavement, or other areas of expertise; reviews plans, design drawings, calculations, and specifications of staff and consultant engineers for conformity with City standards, policies, regulations, and ordinances.
- Meets and confers with contractors, engineers, developers, architects, a variety of outside agencies, and the general public in acquiring information and coordinating engineering matters; provides information regarding City development requirements.
- Inspects and verifies work in progress and completed work of assigned employees and contractors for accuracy, proper work methods, techniques, and compliance with applicable standards and specifications.
- Maintains files, databases, and records related to development projects; prepares a variety of written reports, memoranda, and correspondence.
- Represents the City in meetings with members of other public and private organizations, community groups, contractors, developers, and the public.
- Ensures staff observe and comply with all City and mandated safety rules, regulations, and protocols.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
For more information, including the full job description, and to apply online, please visit the City of Chico Employment Opportunities page at: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/chico
Questions? Give us a call! City of Chico HR: (530) 879-7900.