Monthly Salary Range: $7,921.50 - $10,170.36
The City is currently seeking a Human Resources Professional in Employee/Labor Relations. The incumbent will be responsible for supervising staff assigned to the Employee/Labor Relations division within the Human Resources Department. Incumbents in this unit are responsible for collecting and analyzing information in support of labor negotiations and will participate at the negotiations table. May also conduct grievance and discipline investigations.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES (ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY)
- Depending upon area of assignment, duties may include but are not limited to the following:
- Collects compensation and benefit data and prepares analytical and reports; provides information to other agencies, human resource management, or City Manager's staff.
- Performs the more difficult, complex and specialized tasks and assignments in the respective section.
- Conducts or directs the conduct of organizational and classification studies and audits.
- Develops or directs the development and implementation of programs and policies to accomplish equal employment goals and objectives.
- Provides technical support to, confers with and interprets policies, procedures and regulations for City Management and supervisory staff, representatives of employee organizations and employees; provides information to the public regarding City policies and procedures.
- Conducts varied analytical studies; prepares reports, correspondence and a variety of written materials.
- Monitors developments in the benefits administration, employee/labor relations, recruitment, testing, and classification, or other human resource fields; evaluates their impact on City activities and recommends policy and procedural improvements.
- May serve as a City representative at the bargaining table or serve as back up as assigned.
- Develops and directs the implementation of goals, objectives, policies, procedures and work standards for the section.
- Plans, organizes, assigns, directs, reviews and evaluates the work of assigned staff; assists in selecting staff and provides for their training and professional development.
Possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited four year college or university with major
course work in business or public administration, industrial relations, or a related field and four
years of professional human resource experience in a generalist capacity which has included
responsibilities in benefits administration. Experience in a public agency setting is desirable.
Specified positions may require possession of a valid California driver's license.
ALL APPLICATIONS AND SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS MUST BE COMPLETED FULLY
AND SUBMITTED ON AN OFFICIAL CITY OF STOCKTON APPLICATION FORM. (DO NOT
STATE "REFER TO RESUME" ON YOUR APPLICATION OR SUPPLEMENTAL
FINAL FILING DATE: Friday, 10/15/21 5:00 PM
For a full job description and on-line application, please go to www.stocktonca.gov/jobs